Monday, December 17, 2012

2012, You Taught Me Well


With there only being two weeks left in the year I thought itd be a nice recap to make a list of things I learned from this year. It was indeed a better year than 2011 but still more than I would have liked to deal with. I guess at the end of the day I have my health, people who love me and a reminder that life is short and unpredictable

Some more things I learned(in no particular order)
  • Not to rush things that aren't fully ready yet. Just chill and relax and everything will fall into place by itself-someway somehow! This seems to be the mantra of my year. Whenever something bad would happen it was almost always followed by something great that made the bad part seem so miniscule
  • No matter how close to a person you are, they will show their true colors eventually. I dont fight often with my good friends, and to be honest I have one friend who I've known half my life and never had a big fight with till this year. It was a petty thing over senseless drama but I learned alot about my friends and myself during this crazy year.
  • The ones you love can be taken from you. Never forget to tell someone you love them while you have the chance. I think this one stands out alot right now, more than usual. Partially because of the Newtown shooting. Thankfully no one I was close to this year passed away (think we had an over abundance last year)but just imagining dropping your child off at school to learn, play and explore then not having them return-ahh there are no words that can fully describe how that would feel. Life is short, some way shorter than others so over use the words I love you and stay in touch with all those you care about. 
  • Don't be afraid of what people think. Like what you like, wear what you want to wear, and be who you want to be  This reminds me of the Dr. Suess quote "Those who matter dont mind and those who mind dont matter" I spent a majority of my life being me but find myself acting slightly different around  certain people. This year more than ever I just said F*!# it! Last year was a real eye opener and trying to please everyone is nearly impossible-therefore I quit trying! I worry bout myself, my daughter and husband. Past that it doesnt really matter. Of course I do my best to be the best I can to my friends and other family but in the end thats all that matters. 
  • To never give up, stay strong and things will always get better I struggle with this one often, but I did learn that things cant and wont be bad forever. So many people have it way worse off and they still find the strength and will to get up each day and make the best of it, so why cant I!? If it weren't for my strength Id be dead-no joke. After the past couple of years of trials and tribulations somehow I made it through and am living proof things can get better.

  • Maturity is not based on age but on how you deal with your problems Nothing more needs to be said about this one:)
  • Apologizing doesn't mean that you are wrong it just shows that you value your relationship more than your ego  I had to learn this the hard way but as long as I got something positive out of it, thats all that matters, right?!

There you have it, well some of it! I'm sure if I was well-rested this list would be a lot longer. Thanks for sharing this crazy ride with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment